Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Love....

L,

I've thought about this all day. I try to remember these birthday blogs for all my loved ones. For you, since there is so little else I can do, it seemed extra important. One year has passed. One year since I witnessed your birth. One year since I cut your cord, and held your tiny, little body so new to the world. A year has passed in which you were never far from my thoughts. I'll admit, the pain has mildly subsided, but missing you runs deeper every day. Who are you now? Can you walk? What is your temperament? Can you say words yet? Do you have any idea how much I love you? So many questions that will only continue to grow unanswered. So I go on, loving you from so far away. Hoping through telepathy you somehow feel my heart reaching out to yours.

Here are my birthday wishes to you. I hope as you grow, you feel only warmth and happiness surround you. I hope that should bumps and bruises along the way occur, you have magical Mommy kisses to ease the pain. This is going to be a big year for you. You go from being a baby to a toddler. That's pretty big stuff. I wish you have a joyful year, and always...always, always... know that you are loved.

One year, almost exactly actually...since your tiny finger held mine. Forever taking hold of my heart.

I love you always.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment