Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Berfday to Henry & A Merry New Year To You!


Yesterday was my beloved boyfriend's birthday, and we celebrated by laying around all day watching football (him) and reading (me). It was a delightfully, uneventful day, which I so desperately needed. I promised to bake him a cake tonight when the babies get home though. So, I'd like to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to my love...
An Ode to Henry:
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
I love thee for silly every day things we do,
Wrestling matches and toothpaste fights too.
I love thee deeper than I thought could be real,
From the top of my head to the bottom of my heel.
I love thee for the way you always know,
How to turn on and off every remote.
For each and every time, you roll your eyes,
I'm crying watching chick shows, as you walk by.
Your pancakes are incredible, and so is your skin.
Both make me melt, again and again.
I feel safe and loved, when held in your arms.
Those big, guns of yours will never let me face harm.
The way you plan, puts my lists to shame.
I love you in spite of how you cheat at boardgames.
I love how deeply you love your Niners.
And how all other teams fans are a "bunch of whiners".
For every song you've made into your own.
Changing all of the words, while I complain and moan.
For the way you have opened your heart to my boys.
Even when they're more pains, than bundles of joys.
I mostly love how much you love me.
Even when I'm neurotic, or singing off-key.
So happy birthday to you...the love of my life.
And I promise to stop harassing you about becoming your wife.
Lub you always...
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment